December 19, 2006

Lucy-Desi Center Receives Donation

As reported in The Celebrity Cafe, Ray Evans, who was the Lyrcist behind "Silver Bells", made a $20,000 donation to the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center in Jamestown, New York.

Recently Evans met Ric Wyman, the director of the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center in Lucy's hometown. They were introduced by Shirley Mitchell, Jay Livingston's widow, who had a recurring role in I Love Lucy. As a result of that encounter, Mr. Evans made a $20,000 donation to the Lucy-Desi Center’s expansion plans.

Asked about his gift, from his home in Beverly Hills Mr. Evans responded: "I’m glad to be part of the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center in Jamestown, New York. I was born and grew up in Salamanca, right around the corner, and this is a real hometown kind of program. I knew Lucille Ball very well, and in addition to writing songs for several of the movies she did with Bob Hope, we talked about our common background. I get back to Salamanca once a year, and I’m planning to visit Jamestown on my next trip."

No comments:

Post a Comment