September 03, 2008

Vintage Lucille Ball Movie Posters Donated

The movie poster exhibit in Jamestown, New York’s new and expanded Lucy-Desi Museum was made possible by recent gifts to the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center in Lucy’s hometown.

New Jersey collector Joe Genua donated three original 1940’s movie posters from Lucille Ball’s film career including a vintage 1944 poster for the MGM musical, Meet The People, co-starring William Powell. Two other posters provided to the Lucy-Desi Center by Genua include an original 1946 poster for the Universal Studios comedy, Lover Come Back and one for the 1947 film, Her Husband’s Affairs, Lucille Ball’s first film for Columbia Pictures.

“I’m happy to support Jamestown’s Lucy-Desi Center with this donation,” Genua said. “The Lucy-Desi Center is committed to celebrating the memory of two people that have brought so much joy, so much laughter and so many fond memories not only to me, but to millions of people throughout the world. Donating this poster is just a small token of my appreciation.”

Longtime Lucy-Desi fan Patti Oelrich also contributed two movie posters. An original poster promoting Yours, Mine, & Ours, the 1968 film co-starring Henry Fonda that inspired the creation of TV series, The Brady Bunch is now on display in the Lucy-Desi Museum. Oelrich’s second contribution is a poster documenting Lucille Ball’s last motion picture, the 1974 musical, Mame.

From her home in Illinois, Oelrich said, “I’m very familiar with all that Jamestown does to celebrate my favorite redhead. During my first visit to Jamestown in 1989, I never dreamed that one day I’d be able to contribute to a museum in Lucy’s honor. I’m happy to be a part of something that means so much to so many.”

No comments:

Post a Comment